Amazon FBA Small and Light EVERYTHING You Need To Know
- Amazon FBA Small and Light allows for reduced shipping costs and the coveted Prime badge with free standard 3 – 5 day shipping on items 10oz or less that cost $7 or less. FBA Small and Light also covers free 6 – 8 day shipping for non-prime members.
- Size dimensions for FBA Small and Light are: Size: 16 x 9 x 4 inches or less. Amazon FBA Fees: Order handling* $0.80 per order, for items priced less than or equal to $5.00, $1.00 per order, for items priced greater than $5.00 and less than or equal to $7.00, Pick & pack, $0.75 per unit, Weight handling, (unit + packaging weight**), $0.11 per oz, (Up to 10 oz per unit; round up to the nearest whole oz).
In my experience in over 10 years on Amazon providing top-rated Amazon Consulting, getting a competitive edge when it comes to shipping costs on Amazon is great.
But, getting an edge on Amazon FBA programs that all of your competitors may not be taking advantage of is even better.
Amazon FBA Small and Light is a powerful way to increase sales on Amazon and this is everything you need to know if it is a good fit for you and how to get started.
What is Amazon FBA Small and Light?
Amazon FBA Small and Light is an Amazon program which serves as an opportunity for Amazon Sellers with small and lightweight products to still offer fast and free shipping, while also getting the Prime badge next to their listings.
In addition to offering fast and free shipping to customers, Amazon Seller Central Sellers benefit from improved profit margins from breaks on shipping.
Amazon FBA Small and Light also serves as a solution to the dreaded Amazon add-on item problem.
From what I’ve seen, the lower fees translate to savings to the customer.
This benefits sellers with:
- Improved Amazon SEO
- Reduce ACoS for better ad ROAS in your Amazon advertising
- A good Amazon Sales Rank from Increased sales velocity
Amazon FBA Small and Light FAQ:
Does Amazon FBA Small and Light Qualify for 2-Day Shipping?
- No, it’s 3 – 5 business day shipping. Still pretty quick.
Do products offered through Amazon FBA Small and Light still get the Prime badge?
Is Amazon FBA Small and Light Available To Amazon B2B Sellers?
Can Amazon FBA Small and Light Increase Your Sales Rank?
- Yes, the expected increased sales volume from the Prime badge alone will help improve your BSR.
Does FBA Small and Light Work For Amazon Seller Fulfilled Prime?
- No. As of September 30th 2020, FBA Small and Light is no longer part of the Seller Fulfilled Prime Program.
This is how it works…
How Does Amazon FBA Small and Light Work?
The truth is, Amazon FBA Small and Light sounds complicated but it’s actually really easy.
Here is how it works:
- Enroll in Amazon FBA Small and Light
- Select your products BEFORE you ship them to Amazon Fulfillment Centers
- Convert your inventory to Amazon FBA Small and Light
- Send in your inventory (minimum 24 products) to Amazon Fulfillment Centers
It’s worth noting that the enrollment process is painless as well.
Amazon FBA Small and Light Requirements
Products that Are Eligible for Amazon Fba Small and Light:
- Weight: 10oz or less
- Size: 16 x 9 x 4 inches or less
- Price: $7 or less
- FBA Inventory: When sending in inventory to Amazon, there is a minimum quantity of 24 units per product.
- List of Restricted Products
Products that Are Not Eligible for Amazon Fba Small and Light Are:
- Adult products
- Hazmat products
- Temperature-sensitive products
- Products not in “new” condition
- Existing FBA products using manufacturer barcodes for tracking (commingled offers) instead of Amazon barcodes
- ASINs that have been on Amazon.com for more than 90 days and have sold in the previous 4 weeks (or are expected to sell in the upcoming 4 weeks) fewer than 25 units
Shipment Prep & Packaging Requirements for Amazon Fba Small and Light
- These are similar to standard FBA prep requirements, but here are the notable differences:
- Same-ASIN units are bundled together in clear plastic bags, manufacturer, or seller case packs.
- Each bag, outer case, or shrink-wrapped bundle has a label with the total quantity of sellable units.
- Small and Light only uses poly bags and Jiffy bags. Crushable items such as potato chips and glass should be properly prepped and packaged so they do not crush or break when shipped. Broken or crushed items will not be received at the fulfillment center. They will be removed or disposed of at your expense.
- A minimum of 24 units per SKU must be sent in each shipment.
- Shipment contents match the shipping plan.
- Shipment does not contain dangerous goods (hazmat) or items that are temperature-sensitive, meltable, or crushable.
- The shipping box does not exceed 25 inches on any side, and does not weigh more than 50 lb.
- If applicable, pallets are single-stacked and front-loaded with no more than 22 skids per trailer.
- View the Shipment Preparation Guide for a comprehensive guide on getting your shipments ready.
With straightforward requirements, it all boils down to the fees.
Amazon FBA Small and Light Fees
|Order Handling *||$0.80 per order, for items priced less than or equal to $5.00|
|$1.00 per order, for items priced greater than $5.00 and less than or equal to $7.00|
|Pick & pack||$0.75 per unit|
|Weight handling||$0.11 per oz|
|(unit + packaging weight**)||(Up to 10 oz per unit; round up to the nearest whole oz)|
Amazon FBA Small and Light Dimensions
The dimension requirements for Amazon FBA Small and Light take into consideration the dimensions of the product packaging.
Here are the dimension requirements.
Amazon FBA Small and Light dimensions are:
- 16 x 9 x 4 inches or less
If you have products that fit the bill, enrolling is easy.
Amazon FBA Small and Light Enrollment
Enrolling in Amazon FBA Small and Light is as simple as heading to the FBA Small and Light Amazon Services Page and signing up.
Don’t Lose The Buy Box
Get Your Simple Guide To Win Back A Lost Buy Box.
- Enroll by clicking here.
How To Change Existing Inventory To Amazon Small and Light
Here is the deal on inventory already in Amazon fulfillment centers.
You cannot change inventory ALREADY at fulfillment centers to Amazon FBA Small and Light.
Here is what you will need to do:
How To Fulfill via Amazon FBA Small and Light:
- Convert your listing to Amazon FBA Small and Light BEFORE sending in any inventory.
- Send in your inventory as normal.
How To Fulfill via Amazon FBA or Merchant Fulfillment AND FBA Small and Light:
- Head to Manage Inventory in Seller Central
- Click on up and down arrows next to Edit on the right-hand side of your listing and choose: Copy Listing (you will have 2 listings of the same product, 1 dedicated to Amazon FBA Small and Light and 1 dedicated to Merchant Fulfillment or Amazon FBA Fulfillment. They will each have different FNSKU’s)
- Convert your listing to Amazon FBA Small and Light
- Send in your inventory
So the big question, is FBA Small and Light worth it?
Is Amazon FBA Small and Light Worth It?
In my years selling on Amazon and working with companies, besides the various programs that help you get Amazon reviews, this is one of the more powerful tools available to sellers in line with the likes of the Amazon Influencer Program, Amazon Brand Registry and Amazon Request a Review Button.
Don’t Lose The Buy Box
Get Your Simple Guide To Win Back A Lost Buy Box.
What’s more, Amazon subsidizes quantity discounts for some Small and Light products priced $5 and under that are in the Consumables category.
These products are eligible for a 5% discount for customers who order 2 or more.
The cost of the discount is actually covered by FBA.
That said, is Amazon FBA Small and Light worth it?
The answer: Yes, it is worth using Amazon FBA Small and Light.
Having the prime badge on your Amazon Listing is a powerful Amazon Listing Optimization opportunity to get more sales.
Having great products and not selling is agonizing, but dominating competitors and selling through inventory is intensely gratifying.
With 10+ years of experience, I can make eCommerce your strength and get you where you want to go quicker & easier.
- The Amazon Request a Review Button appears for Seller Fulfilled Orders allowing Amazon Sellers to request seller feedback and a product review request in the same message through the Amazon Buyer-Seller Messaging system. The customer receives the message in their email. The message sent to the customer is not customizable and is an Amazon created template.
- How To Use The Amazon Request A Review Button:
- Log in to Amazon Seller Central
- Click on Orders
- Click on Shipped (make sure your filter is to the last 30 days or greater)
- Click on the Order Number
- The Amazon Request A Review Button will appear at the top right of the order
- Will the Amazon Request A Review Button replace existing review request services?